lunes, 1 de abril de 2013

GERIATRIC SYNDROMES


In geriatric pathologic process, there are many symptoms that don’t appear like in young people. There are some symptoms as depression, pain, disorientation, dehydration… that repeat in many diseases.

Stomachache and thoracic pain are important to look after, because it can mean important diseases. 

The fever in old people is symptom of infections and other generalized upsets.

In the article Geriatric Syndromes: Clinical, Research and Policy Implications for a Core Geriatric Concept. In this, it is explained the Geriatric Syndromes, their risk factors, and the rule to this syndromes.

I think it's important to know the factors risk to prevent these diseases and provide to the patients the best cares.

Effects of pain:
  - Depression.
  - Decreased of socialization.
  - Changes in dreams.
  - Increased of costs and used of health services.

To measure the pain we must use the EVA scale


My view about the pain is imprecise yet, because the pain is very subjective for each person. Every person had had differents pains in differents ages, and differents capacity of resistance to the pain.

But, on the other hand, I think we must treat all types of pain, because we don't feel the pain and we don't know if the grade of pain is more or less that the patient say.

Urinary and digestive problems
The urinary problems most common in the ageing are polyuria, “nicturia” and “polaquiuria”.
If these are served with dysuria, it will be urinary infections.

Regarding digestive problems, the most common diseases are: heartburn, aerophagia and burps, intestinal obstruction and colecistitis.

Fatigue and debility
It could be a sign for anemia, infection, depression, dehydration or second effect for a drug. The edema in limbs it cause by the immobility too.

RISK FACTORS
  • Organic origin: hypertension, malnutrition, incontinence and difficulty sensorial.
  • Environmental origin: immobility, alcoholism and polimedication.
  • Relational risk: solitude, insomnia and disorientation.
GERIATRIC SYNDROM
Group of diseases are expressed by pathologic symptoms that not are included in usual diseases.
  - Infections.
  - Instability.
  - Urinary and fecal incontinence.
  - Intellectual impairment.
  - Inanition.
  - Impairment of vision and hearing.
  - Irritable colon.
  - Isolation.
  - Iatrogenesis.
  - Immune deficiency.

GERIATRIC SYNDROME CHARACTERISTICS
  - Most pathologies.
  - Lot of factors.
  - Diseases fast progress.
  - Sensible to infections, dehydrations, anemia, malnutrition and accidents.
  - Immobility syndrome.
  - Apathy, depression and mental confusion.
  - The prognosis is not much favorable.

Diseases geriatrics
  - Psychic dependence.
  - Iatrogenic.
  - Immobility syndrome: ulcers, incontinences, constipation.

I have found a Guide to Geriatric Syndromes where are defined the most common of this syndromes and their cares. This guide is from New York, so we can compare our cares with their.

1 comentario:

  1. Unfortunately there are a lot of AIDS/Herpes denials on Herbal cures still out there. I did research on them after I was tested HIV/Herpes positive. I was so worried I was going to die soon. I continued my search again on herbal remedy for Std, then I found lots of testimony on how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cured HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus,Copd, Hepatitis, Diabetes, On websites sharing their testimonies, which made much more sense to me. All the authors pronounce Dr Itua As a man with Good Heart, I pick interest in their testimonies and I contact him about my situation then he gave me procedure how it works, I proceed after one week he courier his Herbal Medicine to me and instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure. I receive His Herbal Medicine so I drank it for two weeks as I was told then after 2 days I go for a test I found out I was cured from HIV/Aids & Herpes Virus, I pay homage to him 2 months ago to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year. I know there are lots of (HIV)/Aids Herpes Virus denials of Herbal Remedy movement, the same few doctors and they represent a very small fraction of the community. I could have died because I refused Natural Herbs Cures for so long, but luckily, by the grace of God I am alive to tell my story. Contact Info...Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967,Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ info@drituaherbalcenter.com. Just in case you need someone to talk with. He cures the following diseases below...1. Herpes 2. cancer 3. HIV / AIDS 4. hepatitis 5. Bring my ex back 6. Leprosy 7. SARS 8. Bubonic plague
    9. Cerebrovascular disease 10. Lower respiratory infections 11. Syphilis 12. Influenza A-H1N1 (swine flu) 13.Ischemic heart disease 14. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease 15. Whooping cough 16. Perinatal complications 17. diarrhea 18 .. lung cancer.

    ResponderEliminar